Friday, May 6, 2011

A new me

I am a changed person. Since I started my education to become a nurse, I never felt as encouraged as I feel today. I have grown academically, socially, spiritually, psychologically, name it. I feel that my institution of study has given me the opportunity to develop a side of me I did not know existed. However, the journey has not been a smooth sailing one.

I have had to go through various huddles, some very difficult, but courage and confidence has been the name of the game. When I look back at when I was filling in my application form, I never thought the day would come when I would see the finish line. It seemed so far away. But now, it's only a flicker of a distance away and I am so relieved.

Many thanks to my colleagues, lecturers, friends, family and neighbours without whose support and encouragement I would not be writing this post today. I have been fortunate to be able to get through my studies well so far and I am hopeful that, based on my performance todate, I will be an effective nurse.

However, my learning has only just began and I am ready for the challenges and triumphs that lie ahead.
Again, I say thank you to you all.
Cheers.